Wednesday, March 17, 2010

IMAX and 3D Movies

A few summers ago when the latest "Harry Potter" movie came out I saw it in IMAX and 3D. It was a really cool experience, especially because of the part that was in 3D. A little figure came on in the corner and it was a symbol for us to put on our 3D glasses. The scene was of Harry Potter surrounded by orbs and shattered glass and it came out at us not like a show one would see at Disney but just a little more lifelike. It made an impression on everyone and I think the majority thought it was a very cool and unique aspect of the movie.
The thing about the Harry Potter movie, though, is that it only lasted for a small segment. I recently just went to see the movie "Avatar" and the ENTIRE film, including the previews, was in 3D. It is almost as if an entire market of 3D movies is bringing brought to theaters for our entertainment. The newest 3D and IMAX release is "Alice in Wonderland" which I am sure was made just for 3D. We have had such breakthroughs in the film industry, it is possible that all movies will begin to play in 3D, which is quite cool. Who knows what could happen next with film entertainment?

3 comments:

  1. What happens if you only have one eye?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would just be a blurry movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard that it takes both eyes to get the full 3D effect. I guess the industry will just have to take that into consideration. Especially because watching the movie without the 3D glasses makes it blurry. I wonder if having one eye makes it clear, but not 3D...

    ReplyDelete